I want to move my Servers Alive installation to a new system, but I don't want to re-enter all info (setup/entries/...) How can I do this?
Last modified on 24-2-2012 15:47:19
First of all make sure to install on the new system, the same version of Servers Alive as on the old system.
Then you can create a backup of the setup settings (this includes people/team/protocols too) by doing:
* start regedit and goto HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\DBU Consulting\Servers Alive (32 bits OS) and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\DBU Consulting\Servers Alive (64 bits OS)
* select EXPORT registry from the REGISTRY (or FILE) menu.
If you want to move from a 32 bits OS to a 64 bits OS then make sure to change the registry location from [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\DBU Consulting\Servers Alive] to [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\DBU Consulting\Servers Alive]
* copy the created .REG file to the new system
* execute the .REG file (double click on it) on the new system (this will insert the setup info into the registry of the new system)
* copy the entriesfile, groups.grp file and all eventual templates to the new system
(for Servers Alive v7 the groups.grp and samib.db file can found in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\application data\woodstone\Servers Alive or c:\programdata\Woodstone\Servers Alive depending on the OS that is being used.)
What's new in v9.x?
Prices from 199 EURO
Wonderful product, great support. We sleep much better because of Servers Alive."